Monday, April 24, 2006

Composer or Composter?


The last couple of days I've been working on a compost bin for our garden. Perhaps I should explain that we recently moved here to Surrey from London, and that the garden of the new house is a bit of a blank slate. We're soon to have a shed and greenhouse put up, we've had some Leylandii taken down, and we've planted a native species hedge. Now you've got some context, back to the compost.

Regrettably I couldn't get any recycled wood (pallets are hot property round here it seems), so we got some cheap planks from Homebase. Well, I say cheap, they actually seemed quite expensive. Anyhow, here is the work in progress. We've sawn the planks and batons, and nailed two side panels together. Matthew Squidling took the picture. The panels are stacked one in front of the other, and the abstract sculpture is also the work of a Squidling!

In case you are wondering, the 4th side of the compost bin will have a slidey bit for planks to go in and out of. That's a technical term, slidey bit.

You'll be glad to hear that I hope to return to the music with my next entry. I hope to post a recording of a band called Brouhaha who I played with in the eighties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home