Monday, May 29, 2006

Chelsea Flower Show Part 1

Sorry this blog is a bit late, but I've been unwell for a few days. As a consequence this may seem a bit like old news, but nonetheless the Chelsea Flower Show was a great day out for Sue and I. We'd not been before, and it fully lived up to our expectations. I took just over 150 photos, so choosing which ones to put up here won't be easy. I'm a little short of time, so I've divided this blog into two parts.

The show gardens are what everybody thinks of when they think of Chelsea. I was surprised that I was actually more interested in what was in the big pavillion. I was fascinated by the amazing collections of interesting plants, and couldn't resist buying far more seeds than I should have.

Of the show gardens, the following pictures show some personal highlights:. This one was planted mainly with what are usually considered weeds:
















The Daily Telegraph Garden included the ubiquituous purple and blue colour scheme. Aliums were everywhere. I don't mind, I love aliums.















The 4Head garden was lovely, with very soft and natural looking planting, although most of the attention was on the centre piece:















For the second part of this blog I hope to cover some of the other gardens, and some of the fascinating displays that were in the pavillion. I hope to also write about my progress with recording a soundtrack for the BBC competition, as I am now making some progress with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home