Sunday, August 06, 2006

On The Border

It's been a busy few weeks, and I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for a while.

We have had a couple of weekends with people staying, which has been a wonderful treat. I don't have time now to go into the details, but I must say what fantastic company our guests have been, and how at home it has made me feel having these people around.

On the music front, I have now acquired a splendid electronic drum kit, and many a happy hour has gone into mastering the elemental thunder of such an instrument. Fortunately for the neighbours, it is pretty silent when played with headphones.

I hope to soon regale you with the results of my drum battering experiments, and with luck they'll be worth the wait. Having a whole new aspect to the instrumentation takes a while to integrate into my recording methods.

This long, hot summer has meant our new hedge suffering, and it has required some care and attention to keep it alive. Our Nicotiana have been dramatic in our one border. I hope we can manage such a display on both sides next year! As you can see, the lawn has taken a bit of a hit from the combination of drought and children on holiday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home